Whether you’re looking to buy or sell a property, you need a trusted and an experienced REALTOR® on the Outer Banks to take care of your transaction.
Selling or buying a property can be such a difficult and complicated process and if you aren’t working with a knowledgeable and experienced realtor, you could end up making a major mistake that could lead to serious issues down the road.
Roughly 40% of property buyers find their real estate agent through a referral from a family member or a close friend. However, just because your mother-in-law recommends a certain real estate agent, it may not be the right fit for you.
Top three most important aspect of a professional real estate agent
1. Is the REALTOR® licensed in the state where you’re Interested in buying or selling real estate?
2. Does she/he have any lawsuit against them?
3. Do they have access to MLS listing?
4. Is she/he a member of the Association of REALTOR®
5. Does she/he represent buyers or sellers? Some agents are better at representing buyers, some are very good at representing sellers. Most of them represent both buyers and sellers.
6. Is the REALTOR® familiar with and active in that community both personally and professionally.
Find Out Their Marketing Strategy
If you’re going to sell your property, ask about the real estate agent’s marketing strategy. The real estate market is extremely competitive and advertising plays a significant role throughout the entire process of selling a home. Make certain he/she understands how to sell online and ask for specifics. Have a detailed conversation with every prospective agent you talk to about their strategic marketing plan for your home until you decide on who to trust with this important moment of your life.
The Outer Banks Real Estate Company has REALTOR® located in different communities along the Outer Banks licensed to handle sellers and buyers transactions. We are members of the Outer Banks Association of REALTOR® and have access to the MLS as well as some top notch marketing strategies.
Out of almost 100 real estate firms, The Outer Banks Real Estate Company ranks in the top quarter for the volume of properties sold!